Behind the scenes
and absurd view of the painful events of Villa Soldati, I remembered something I witnessed some years ago (Anibal Ibarra was still the Head of Government of the Autonomous City) and that stuck with me as a lesson in reality. More valuable than long hours of socio-political disquisitions of philosophy, or coffee chats.
was noon and Pueyrredón Avenue to 100, compared Once station, next to the curb had a string of street vendors with their merchandise covered rugs next to one another. All sellers: men, women, young, old, with the same humble appearance and an apparent common origin, Peru.
In it, a gray-haired man with long hair (appearance and accent rather locals) who paced the sidewalk vendors told: "Raise the inspectors coming around." All obeyed the order, and each with its bulge turned the corner of Bartolomé Mitre and there they were, waiting.
Indeed, a few minutes came a municipal truck. He stopped just where they had been sellers, and "coincidentally" the inspectors found a vendor that had not raised their merchandise and was installed on Pueyrredón. An older woman, petite, which obviously was not "fixed" with the "protector." Despite their requests and protests, the inspectors seized him his merchandise, and do not remember if she got into the van. Meanwhile, just around the corner, the gray-haired man with long hair and the vendors who responded to him watching the scene between fun and impatient, waiting for the time the inspectors were so can be reinstalled in the village of Pueyrredón. In no time the inspectors came to look around the corner.
Finally, once the van went all quickly returned to normal. I told him what had happened to a couple of friends who had a room in a gallery in the block, and I replied that I had seen was an everyday thing.
This is a very minor story, no doubt. But one thing to read reports of trafficking or exploitation of immigrants, and quite another to witness live and live how things work.
I could not but remember the gray-haired man long when I read about the actions of characters like this . Or about these allegations .
And tying thread joining this episode Avenue Pueyrredón and what I was seeing these days, I had a deep distrust of abstract liberalism and right-thinking mentality that mourn "the poor" and believe in magic or easy solutions ignoring the background of the case. I also stayed a couple of certainties:
- Racism and xenophobia are not only reprehensible but also signs of stupidity, nothing else is re-victimizes those who are already victims of trafficking and exploitation of their needs and their misery. Except to point out to victims, the intention is to hide and protect those responsible and / or beneficiaries of such situations.
- Faced with the danger of a situation like that particular term, silly confrontations and loss of life, a responsible government (which is not the Autonomous City) would have to act on prevention as soon as possible. For the top, back, side or front of the desperate and needy, there are many sons of bitches getting or waiting to take advantage of the situation. And these are not flag.
PS: I decided to delete a comment, I understood irrelevant to my point in the post, partly motivated by this note Lucas Carrasco. If the person who made the comment he acted in good faith and has nothing to do with reports in the note, I apologize. But in any case, these views and have plenty of room in front of cameras TN.
0 comments:
Post a Comment